Well, the investigations are under way and the information is slowly making it’s way out about landings by waterfowl on multiple oil sands sites.
News sources to follow while this story continues to evolve are:
- On Twitter with @Mix1037FMNews – they’ve been doing a great job of getting information out on Twitter (nothing from the companies involved btw)
- Online News – Google News Search of “ducks tailings pond” for up-to-the-minute news on the story from multiple sources
- Syncrude Newsroom
- Suncor Newsroom
- Shell (Albian) News Releases
- Alberta Environment Newsroom
- CAPP News Releases
- Pembina Media Releases
- Blog – Straight Outta Edmonton (via @Avnishnanda)
And while not a link to a news source, here is a link to the Federal Migratory Bird Act (if you were interested).
From a communications perspective, it’s going to be interesting to see how industry, government, non-government and the public react.
From a political/policy/regulations perspective, it’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out.
From my own personal point of view, this sucks.
Did I miss some news sources you think should be on the list? Let me know, post a comment below or grab me on Twitter at @myoilsands